Discovery Bay is a low-density residential development area located on Lantau Island. The population is mostly foreign residents. Discovery Bay D'Deck is the largest seaside open-air food area in Hong Kong. Discovery Bay is a community without private cars. The air is fresh, quiet, and it is best for enjoying wine and food. D'Deck has a total of 20 restaurants offering international cuisine, arranged on the promenade beside the beach of Dabai Bay. You can enjoy the food while admiring the vast scenery of the sea and sky; come here to dine in the evening, and you can also see the dazzling fireworks of Hong Kong Disneyland at the same time.
Discovery Bay has a number of barrier-free facilities, including ramps, passage design, lifts, accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Discovery Bay is located on Lantau Island, Discovery Bay D'Deck. It is the largest seaside open-air food area in Hong Kong. It is recommended for wheelchair users and friends to go together.
- It is recommended to take a ferry from Central to Discovery Bay
- The entrance and exit of the terminal are wide and equipped with ramps, suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- Wide gates are provided at the entrance and exit of the pier
- Most parts of Discovery Bay are wide and flat, which is generally suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped people.
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located in the shopping mall and the promenade
- There are ramps for up and down to facilitate wheelchairs/handicapped persons
- Discovery Bay has multiple accessible toilets located at various locations