Citywalk (Phase 1)
Location: Citywalk Phase 1 | Accessibility category: Shopping mall | Accessibility information: Citywalk Phase 1 has multiple barrier-free facilities
Citywalk, jointly developed by Sino Land and Urban Renewal Authority, is a contemporary shopping mall with innovative architectural concepts that distinguish itself as an iconic landmark in New Tsuen Wan. The inventive plan integrates people, technology, art and nature with imagination and innovative ideas. The first phase of the new landmark, Citywalk, strikes perfect harmony between nature and shopping. The 40,000 sq ft "Citywalk Piazza", together with the 7,000 sq ft Vertical Garden, increases the green space of the external areas to over 30 percent. As Hong Kong's First Green Shopping Mall, Citywalk was rated Platinum by the Hong Kong Building Environment Assessment Method Society (HK-BEAM Society) for its 11 distinctive green features and designs.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, nursery rooms, accessible toilets and parking spaces for the disabled, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and most of the uneven places There is a ramp, and the ramp is relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Citywalk Phase 1 introduces the innovative "Nature×Shopping" concept, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/impaired mobility
Address : 1 & 18 Yeung Uk Rd, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
Enquiries : 3926-5700
Website : Related attractions URL
- Citywalk Phase 1 shopping mall has multiple main entrances and exits to facilitate different citizens to come from different directions. Wheelchair users are recommended to take the West Rail via the Nina Plaza footbridge to cross Citywalk. The entrance is flat and wide, which is very suitable for wheelchair users.
- Most areas of the mall are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts on each floor, located next to the entrance of the big river, connected to the parking lot
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the mall, located on each floor
- There are multiple nurseries in the mall, which are located on each floor
- The parking lot has special parking spaces for the disabled