New Kowloon Plaza is one of the medium-sized shopping malls in the Yau Tsim Mong district of Hong Kong, with a 2-storey building. Before Olympian City was completed, it was the largest shopping mall in Tai Kok Tsui.
New Kowloon Plaza is equipped with multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most uneven areas are equipped with ramps. Relatively flat, wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Although the mall is a little far away from the MTR, there are many buses going there. The mall is spacious and wheelchair users can go there alone.
Address : 38 Tai Kok Tsui Road, Tai Kok Tsui
Bus route: 10, 13D, 16, 32, 43C, 904, 905 (Zechuji Street Station) just after getting off the bus
- The main entrance of the New Kowloon Plaza is located on Tai Kok Tsui Road. There is a ramp beside the stone steps to facilitate the entry of wheelchair users. The gate does not have an automatic door design. Wheelchair friends may require assistance from staff
- Most areas of the shopping mall are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are 3 elevators for up and down, but only the right-most elevator can go up to the first floor. The other 2 elevators only go to the office building of the building
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The mall has an accessible toilet located at 1/F