The Fireboat Grantham Exhibition Hall is an exhibition hall with the theme of Hong Kong's maritime firefighting history. It opened in 2007. The exhibition hall covers an area of about 1,200 square meters. It preserves the fire-fighting ship Grantham manufactured in Hong Kong in 1953 and retired in 2002. There is also an exhibition hall displaying unique fire-fighting cultural relics, supplemented by multimedia presentations to enhance citizens’ understanding of Hong Kong’s maritime rescue work. know.
The exhibition hall is equipped with a small number of barrier-free facilities, such as entrance and exit ramps. People with wheelchair/mobility can use the ramp to reach the exhibition hall and the upper deck of the fire ship. There are also braille maps and guide paths for the visually impaired. The internal passage of the fireboat is narrow, and the fire-fighting deck needs to go through stairs. Wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility need to pay attention.
It is recommended to go from MTR Sai Wan Ho Station. The distance is relatively long but all roads are flat. Wheelchair friends are better. Except for the exhibition hall, only the upper deck of the fireboat is suitable for wheelchair friends to visit.
Monday, Wednesday to Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year’s Eve: 10 am to 5 pm
Closed on Tuesdays (except public holidays), the first and second days of the Lunar New Year
Address : Quarry Bay Park, Hong Kong
Enquiries : 2367-7821
Website : Related attractions URL
2) Sai Wan Ho – [Hong Kong Island Line]
From Exit A of MTR Sai Wan Ho Station, head west via the Hong Kong Film Archive to Quarry Bay Park. The walk takes about 10 minutes.
- The fireboat is located in Quarry Bay Park with wide entrances and exits
- There are ramps and overpasses and lifts in the park leading to locations near the fireboats, accessible to wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- There is a ramp to the exhibition hall and the upper deck of the fire ship
- The exhibition hall has wide passages and narrow passages in most parts of the fire ship
- The upper deck of the fireboat and the firefighting deck need to go through the stairs. Wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility are not suitable for traveling alone
- There are no toilets in the exhibition hall, you can use the accessible toilets in Quarry Bay Park