Yuen Long Park is located in the southwestern part of Yuen Long's city centre, covering an area of 7.5 hectares. The park is built on the hillside and is spread over 800 trees. Yuen Long Park was awarded the Merit Award by the Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects. In addition to lawns and landscaped gardens, the park also has recreational facilities such as pebble walking trails, grass gate courts, children's playgrounds, and football fields, which are suitable for all ages.
Yuen Long Park has a few barrier-free facilities, such as ramps and toilets for the disabled. Most of the passages in the park are flat and wide, but the park is built on the mountain. Some of the passages are steep. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily go up and down.
Yuen Long Park is built on the hillside, with a vast area and beautiful scenery. It is indeed a good place for a family and wheelchair users to spare time.
- From West Rail Long Ping Station, you can take a bus to reach the entrance of Gongyuan South Road, which is mainly Ping Road
- Most of the passages in the park are well designed and are generally suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped people to enter and exit
- There are many ramps connecting the lower part of the park
- But the park is built on the hill, and some of the passages are steep
- There are stair steps in the interior of the park, such as the Hundred Islands Tower and the passage near the waterfall, wheelchair users need to pay attention
- There are accessible toilets in the park
- Located near the football field and Hundred Islands Tower