Yau Lai Shopping Centre is a public housing estate mall built by the Hong Kong Housing Authority. It is located in Yau Tong, Kwun Tong District, Hong Kong, adjacent to the MTR Yau Tong Station. It mainly serves residents of Yau Lai Village, Yau Tong Village and Yau Chui Court. The shops are mainly located in From the basement to the 3rd floor, shops operate various businesses, including Chinese, Japanese and Western cuisine, convenience stores, supermarkets, beauty shops, pharmacies, barber shops and medical clinics.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, automatic doors, lifts, and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Yau Lai Shopping Centre is close to the MTR, so barrier-free facilities are adequate and suitable for wheelchair users alone
- The main entrance of Yau Lai Shopping Centre is located at No. 9 Yau Tong Road. The gate entrance is flat and wide with automatic doors, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most areas of Yau Lai Shopping Centre are designed with wide aisles and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a lift on boarding and landing, which is located near the entrance of the lobby and connected to the parking lot
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the mall, located on each floor