Yan Chai Hospital is a public hospital in Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong. It is managed by the Hospital Authority. It is one of the hospitals in the Kowloon West Cluster. In addition to providing medical services, it has reopened secondary schools, primary schools, kindergartens, and community centers. The same nursing home is also one of the six major charities in Hong Kong.
Yan Chai Hospital has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, wheelchair parking spaces for the disabled, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Yan Chai Hospital is close to MTR Tsuen Wan Station, and the transportation is very convenient. Wheelchair users can go there freely.
- Yan Chai Hospital has multiple entrances and exits. The main entrance is at Yan Chai Street in Tsuen Wan. The entrance is flat and wide with automatic doors, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most areas of Yan Chai Hospital are designed with wide passages, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts in each building, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hospital has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the hospital