Princess Margaret Hospital has been committed to providing 24-hour emergency, general medical and nursing services to residents of West Kowloon. It is a large-scale regional hospital under the cluster. Its service scope covers Lai Chi Kok, Kwai Chung, Tsing Yi, Tsuen Wan and Tung Chung districts. It is Hong Kong Specialist referral center for infectious diseases, nephrology and urology. In addition, Princess Margaret Hospital has a network of oncology centers, severe trauma centers, kidney transplantation and dialysis centers, a network of lithotripsy centers, a network of chest and lung medicine and tuberculosis treatment, a network of high-risk obstetrics, and intensive treatment services for children and newborn babies.
There are many barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, automatic doors, breastfeeding rooms, wheelchair parking spaces, parking spaces for the disabled, accessible toilets and lifts, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/disabled people . Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
There is a rehabilitation bus from Kwai Fong Railway Station D to Kwai Fong and the entrance to Block K of Princess Margaret Hospital> Mei Foo Post Office (at the bottom of Lai Wan Road flyover)> If passengers go to Kwai Chung Hospital, they must speak with the driver in advance. The service time is on weekday mornings (the first train departs from Kwai Fong at 9:00 to the last train from Mei Foo at 15:45) every 1 hour, and is closed on public holidays.
- The entrances and exits of all buildings in Princess Margaret Hospital are suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and all have automatic doors
- Most parts of the hospital have wide access roads, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple elevators on each floor, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hospital has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the hospital
Nursing Room / Breastfeeding Room
- The hospital has multiple nursing rooms/breastfeeding rooms distributed throughout the hospital
- There are special parking spaces for the disabled in the hospital parking lot