Tseung Kwan O Hospital is located in Sai Kung District, New Territories, Hong Kong. It is the second hospital in Tseung Kwan O and a hospital that provides second-tier healthcare services. The first hospital of the Hospital Authority to adopt a triangular ward design. The design is to have an open workspace in the center of the ward to facilitate medical staff to observe the patient's condition and effectively use the ward space. The hospital is equipped with a vacuum tube delivery system to facilitate the transfer of laboratory samples and documents. At present, Tseung Kwan O Hospital has 360 inpatient beds, 15 emergency observation beds, 20 convalescent beds and 30 day beds.
Tseung Kwan O Hospital has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, automatic doors, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Tseung Kwan O Hospital is the main hospital in Sai Kung District. People in wheelchairs can go there alone when they need it.
- The main entrance of the Day Care Building of Tseung Kwan O Hospital is located at Po Ning Lane, Hang Hau, with automatic doors and ramps at the entrances and exits, making it easy for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- Most areas of the medical building are designed with wide passages, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts on each floor of the landing building, located near the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the medical building, distributed throughout the building