The North District Hospital is the first hospital to be fully planned and constructed by the Hospital Authority. The construction will take five years, during which the project will be constructed using the "expedited process" model. The North District Hospital is an acute general hospital serving residents of the New Territories East Hospital cluster. It has been opened as scheduled in February 1998. The hospital now provides 623 inpatient beds, 24-hour emergency room services, specialist outpatient services, day medical care and social health facilities.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, parking spaces for the disabled and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and most uneven places are equipped with ramps , And the ramp is relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The North District Hospital mainly serves residents of New Territories East. It is spacious and well-equipped, so wheelchair users can go alone if necessary.
-The main entrance of the North District Hospital is on Sheung Shui Health Road. The main entrance is flat and wide with automatic doors, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most areas of the North District Hospital are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts in the main buildings, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hospital has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the hospital
- North District Hospital has multiple parking spaces for the disabled