Lam Tin South Sports Centre is located at No. 170 Biyun Road, Lantian (near Guangjing Building, Guangtian Village). It covers an area of 3,500 square meters and was opened on July 1, 1994. The gymnasium has complete facilities, including a multi-purpose arena with an area of 1,301 square meters, which can provide 2 basketball courts/volleyball courts or 1 netball court (only for groups to rent) or 8 badminton courts, and one provides 152 A grandstand with seats, an activity room (large) with an area of 126 square meters, a fitness room with an area of 125 square meters, 6 squash courts, which can be converted into a table tennis room and a room with an area of 130 square meters Children’s playroom, etc. It provides diversified recreational facilities for residents in the district and is an ideal venue for recreational activities.
The gymnasium is equipped with multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, accessible toilets, tactile floor plans and tactile guide paths, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and most of the uneven places are set up There are ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Lam Tin South Sports Centre and Lam Tin MTR Station are far away. It is more convenient for wheelchair users to take a bus.
- The main entrance of Lam Tin (South) Gymnasium is located at No. 170 Biyun Road. There are stone steps at the entrance of the gate, and there are ramps and automatic doors next to it. It is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most areas of the gymnasium are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a lift on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The gymnasium has multiple accessible toilets, located on each floor
Visually impaired facilities
- There are tactile floor plans and tactile guide paths in the underground lobby of the gymnasium