The Legislative Council Complex
Location: The Legislative Council Complex| Accessibility category: Complex | Accessible facilities: The Legislative Council Complex is equipped
Standing on the coast of Victoria Harbour, the Legislative Council Complex is the first dedicated building built for the legislature in Hong Kong. The complex was opened in October 2011. The overall design is dominated by vertical lines and extensive use of glass, highlighting the independent, open and solemn image of the legislature. The conference hall in the building is the main meeting place of the Legislative Council. You can participate in a guided tour, visit the public gallery of the conference hall, learn about the work of the Legislative Council and the facilities of the conference hall, and you can also enjoy the view through the glass wall outside the conference hall Magnificent sea view.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, unobstructed toilets, tactile guide paths and tactile floor plans, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and most uneven places are equipped with ramps. The ramp is relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Legislative Council Complex is the first legislature in Hong Kong, with advanced equipment and adequate barrier-free facilities. Wheelchair users can participate in guided tours, visit the public gallery of the conference hall, learn about the work of the Legislative Council and the facilities of the conference hall, and can also go through the conference hall The outer glass wall offers a magnificent sea view.
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Address : Legislative Council Complex, 1 Legislative Council Road, Central, Hong Kong
Website : Related attractions URL
- Related Introduction :
- Discover Hong Kong
A: Public Entrance 1 of the Legislative Council Complex
B: Public Entrance 2 of the Legislative Council Complex
C: Flyover entrance of the Legislative Council Complex (People with disabilities can use this entrance to enter the complex)
- The Legislative Council Complex has multiple exits. The main entrance is on Legislative Council Road. Wheelchair users can enter the complex from the footbridge entrance. The entrance is flat and wide with automatic doors.
- Most areas of the complex are designed with wide passages, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts on each floor
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The complex has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the building
Visually impaired facilities
- The complex has a tactile guide path, tactile Braille and tactile floor plan