Since its establishment in 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University has been nurturing talents for more than 50 years, offering a wide range of courses and inspiring students' creativity. The Shaw campus was opened in 1995. The campus is named after Shaw. It covers an area of 9,000 square meters. It features open spaces and squares, as well as an avenue "Li Zuoquan Avenue" that runs through the entire campus.
The Shaw campus has a number of barrier-free facilities, including ramps for entrances and exits, passages, lifts, accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. The local passages are designed to be wide and low, and most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Hong Kong Baptist University-Shaw campus has a wide area and is very suitable for wheelchair users.
- The entrance to Hong Kong Baptist University is wide and without doors, suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped persons
- There is a ramp beside the main entrance
- The passages in all places are well designed, which is generally suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped persons to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts on and off
- Most stairs are equipped with ramps
- The ramp is flat, allowing wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility to get on and off easily
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the school