Kwun Chung Sports Centre
Location: Kwun Chung Gymnasium | Accessibility category: Gymnasium | Accessibility information: Kwun Chung Gymnasium has barrier-free factices
Kwun Chung Sports Centre is located on the 5th to 7th floor of Kwun Chung Municipal Services Building, 17 Bowring Street, Kwun Chung, Kowloon, Hong Kong. It is adjacent to Kwun Chung Street, Canton Road and King George V Memorial Park in Kowloon. It is the only public indoor stadium in Jordan. Facilities include 1 A multi-purpose arena, a multi-purpose dance studio, a fitness room, 8 squash courts and 2 activity rooms, etc., provide residents in the district with diversified recreational facilities and are ideal venues for recreational activities.
Kwun Chung Sports Centre has multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most uneven areas are equipped with ramps. Relatively flat, wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Kwun Chung Stadium is the only stadium in Jordan, barrier-free facilities and sports equipment, a good place not to be missed by wheelchair users
Address : 6/F, Kwun Chung Municipal Services Building, 17 Bowring Street, Jordan, Kowloon
Enquiries : 2302-1275
Website : Related attractions URL
- The main entrance of the Kwun Chung Stadium is located at Kwun Chung Municipal Building, 17 Bowring Street. The gate entrance is flat and wide, with a push door (the entrance is always open), which is very suitable for people with wheelchairs/handicapped.
- Most of the gymnasium's local passageways are designed to be broad and generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The gymnasium has multiple accessible toilets located in the lobby on the 5th, 6th and 7th floors
Visually impaired facilities
- The gymnasium has a tactile floor plan and guide path
Facilities for the hearing impaired
- The gymnasium is equipped with a hearing aid system to assist the public announcement and sound system to send signals to people wearing special receivers or hearing aids