The old Sheung Shui Police Station started in 1902. It was one of the thirteen police stations that were established immediately after the British took over the New Territories in 1899. The old Sheung Shui Police Station was the sixth permanent police station in the New Territories, so it was also called "Police Station No. 6". In the 1930s, this police station used to be a police station in the New Territories with only electricity supply. During the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong from 1941 to 1945, it was changed to the divisional headquarters of the Japanese army. After the surrender in 1945, it continued to be used by the Hong Kong Police Force. In 1979, the Sheung Shui Police Station moved to a new site in Fanling, and the original site was changed to the office of the Police-Civil Relations Unit. After 1993, it was changed to the Juvenile Police Call Club.
The police station is a Grade II historic building without any barrier-free facilities at all, and wheelchair users can only visit the periphery.
The old Sheung Shui Police Station is a Grade II historical building and wheelchair users can only visit the outside.
Address : No. 8 Sha Tau Kok Road, Fanling, New Territories
- The old Sheung Shui Police Station is mainly out of No. 166-170 Jockey Club Road, Puthang Village, Sheung Shui Township. The gate population is flat and wide, and there are hand-pushing iron gates for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility or assistance from accompanying persons.
- The outer passages of the old Sheung Shui Police Station are well designed and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- The police station is a Grade II historic building, with stone steps at the entrance, and the interior is relatively narrow
- There are no elevators for up and down, only steps
- There are no ramps in all uneven places, and wheelchair users cannot get on and off alone
- The old Sheung Shui Police Station did not have accessible toilets