Hong Ning Road Park is located on Hong Ning Road and Hip Wo Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon. It is divided into Phase I and Phase II and is managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. Hong Ning Road Park was formerly a temporary housing area. After the demolition of the THA, the government rebuilt it into a park designed with traditional Chinese gardens. It has a small waterfall, two artificial lakes, two small bridges and multiple Chinese pavilions.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, unobstructed toilets, tactile guide paths, and tactile floor plans, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility, and most uneven places are equipped with ramps. The ramp is relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Hong Ning Road Park (Phase 2) is far away from the MTR station. It is more convenient for wheelchair users to travel by bus
Opening hours: 5 am to 11 pm
Address : Junction of Hiu Kwong Street, Hip Wo Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
- The main entrance of Hong Ning Road Park (Phase 2) is at Hip Wo Street. The entrance of the park is flat and wide, which is suitable for people with wheelchairs/handicapped.
- Most parts of the park are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- Some passages have a large number of stairs
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- Hong Ning Road Park (Phase 2) has 1 accessible toilet
Visually impaired facilities
- Hong Ning Road Park (Phase 2) has a tactile guide path and a tactile floor plan for the visually impaired