Lai Kok Shopping Centre
Location: Lai Kok Shopping Centre | Accessibility Category: Estate Shopping Centre | Accessibility Information: Lai Kok Shopping Centre
Lai Kok Shopping Centre is a public housing estate mall adjacent to the MTR Cheung Sha Wan Station. It mainly serves residents of Lai Kok Village. The shops are mainly located on the ground floor to the first floor. The shops operate a variety of businesses, including Chinese, Japanese, and Western cuisines, and convenience. Shops, supermarkets, beauty shops, pharmacies, barber shops and medical clinics, etc.
The shopping centre is equipped with basic barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The shopping malls in the housing estates are relatively small, and some shops have stone steps at the entrances. Other barrier-free facilities are adequate, and wheelchair users can go alone.
Address : 12 Tonkin Street, Cheung Sha Wan
Website : Related attractions URL
- There are multiple entrances and exits in the Lai Kok Shopping Centre. The main entrance is located on Tonkin Street in Cheung Sha Wan. The entrance is flat and wide, with a hand-pushing door. Wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility may require assistance from staff
- Most areas of the mall are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- Some shops have stone steps, so wheelchair users may not be able to enter the shops
- It is recommended to use the elevator of the estate to go to the first floor and exit the platform before entering the first floor shopping mall
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There is an accessible toilet in the mall, located behind the information counter