The Chai Wan Public Library is a district library managed by the Hong Kong Public Library System under the Leisure and Cultural Services Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government. It is located on the 4th to 5th floor of the Chai Wan Municipal Services Building, 338 Chai Wan Road, Eastern District, Hong Kong Island. It is one of the 3 district libraries in the Eastern District.
The Chai Wan Public Library has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, ramps, lifts and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Chai Wan Public Library is one of the three district libraries in the Eastern District. The area is large and wheelchair users can go alone.
- The main entrance of the Chai Wan Public Library is at the Chai Wan Municipal Services Building, 338 Chai Wan Road. There are ramps and hand-push doors at the entrance. Wheelchair users may need assistance from staff
- Most of the passages in the library are broadly designed and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located next to the entrance lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The library has multiple accessible toilets located on each floor