Antiquities and Monuments Office is the oldest surviving British children's school building in Hong Kong. It was built by the Hong Kong Government in 1900 by Ho Tung (later the Lord of the Kings) who donated HK$15,000 to the Hong Kong government. The school is a typical Victorian building, but in response to the climate of Hong Kong, the school building has wide verandas, high roofs, and golden tile roofs. The building is currently the office of the Antiquities and Monuments Office.
Antiquities and Monuments Office is a statutory monument and there are not many barrier-free facilities, so wheelchair users need to pay attention. There are stone steps at the main entrance of the Antiquities and Ancient Products Office, and the disabled need to use the ramp at the entrance of the car road to enter and exit.
In order to facilitate the public to visit the outdoor space of the office, the office has a barrier-free officer. Those in need are welcome to call 2655-0812 during office hours to contact the barrier-free officer.
It is not open to the public on weekdays and can only be visited outside. Every Friday afternoon, there is a guided tour at 3:45 pm, but people in wheelchairs can only visit the corridors. Most other places with stone wheelchairs cannot enter.
- There are steps at the main entrance of the Antiquities and Monuments Office, and the disabled need to use the ramp at the entrance of the car road to enter and exit
- The Antiquities and Monuments Office is part of the old buildings, and most of the exterior passages are designed to be wide and generally suitable for wheelchair users.
- But there are stone steps in many places in the exhibition room or the office, and there are no ramps, so wheelchair users cannot get on and off alone
- Antiquities and Monuments Office does not have accessible toilets