Tsuen Wan Town Hall
Venue: Tsuen Wan Town Hall | Accessibility Category: Performing Arts Venues | Accessibility Information: Tsuen Wan Town Hall has barrier-free
Tsuen Wan Town Hall was completed and opened in 1980 and is the first performing arts venue in the New Territories. The auditorium is well-equipped and the concert hall can accommodate 1,420 spectators, suitable for various types of art performances. The Cultural Activities Hall can accommodate 260 spectators and can be used for various small and medium-sized cultural performances and movie screenings. In addition, the hall has an exhibition hall suitable for exhibitions, lectures and cocktail parties; lecture rooms and conference rooms are also ideal venues for holding meetings, training courses and seminars.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, wheelchair lifts, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Tsuen Wan Town Hall is the first performing arts venue in the New Territories. It is adjacent to the Tsuen Wan West Rail Station and has adequate barrier-free facilities. People in wheelchairs can definitely go alone to enjoy the art performance.
Opening hours: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Address : 72 Tai Ho Rd, Tsuen Wan
Enquiries : 2414-0144
Website : Related attractions URL
- The main entrance of Tsuen Wan Town Hall is at No. 72 Da Ho Road. There are steps at the main entrance. There are barrier-free ramps beside the main and side entrances. There are also automatic doors at the main entrance, which is very suitable for people with wheelchairs/handicapped.
- Most of the passages in the City Hall are broadly designed and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a lift in the lobby to facilitate wheelchair users to reach all floors
- Most uneven places are equipped with wheelchair lifts and ramps. The ramps are relatively flat so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are 2 accessible toilets in the City Hall, located in the ground floor lobby and the 2nd floor