Yuen Yuen Institute was founded in 1950 (the year of Geng Yin). It was initiated by the people of virtue of the older generations call Chiu Lut Sau and Lui Chung Tak . They chose the place next to Sam Dip Tam to prepare a place for cultivation. The hills and guards, the three pools and the mountains, the spirit of the mountains and rivers, the majestic and dense accumulation of the public, is a blessed place for learning Taoism and cultivating.
The Yuen Yuen Institute has a small number of barrier-free facilities, including ramps for entrances and exits, passages, and accessible toilets, but the design fails to fully consider the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. In addition to stairs, some places also have ramps, but the ramps are relatively steep, making it difficult for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility to get up and down.
There is no bus to reach. People in wheelchairs are advised to take barrier-free taxis or rehabilitation buses.
- There is a ramp near the main entrance of Yuan Yuan Institute, which is generally suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- Most of the passages in Yuen Yuen Institute are designed to be broadly suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- There is no elevator for loading and unloading
- In addition to stairs, there are ramps in some places, but the ramps are steep, making it inconvenient for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility to get in and out
- Yuen Yuen Institute has an accessible toilet near the main entrance