The Hong Kong Academy for performing arts was established in 1984 in accordance with the Hong Kong Government Ordinance, and it is the premier performing arts institution of higher learning. Art offers bachelor's courses and master's courses in practice. The scope of study includes the Chinese Academy of Traditional Chinese Opera, Drama, Film and Television, Music and Stage Performing Education.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including ramps for entrances and exits, passages, elevators, toilets for the disabled, etc. Most of the passages are designed to be wide and suitable for wheelchair users. There are ramps on a small number of uneven places, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts is Asia's premier performing arts institution of higher learning, and it is a good place for wheelchair friends to learn art.
The opening hours of the ground floor and first floor lobby of the college are from Monday to Saturday, from 7:30 in the morning to 11:30 in the evening. Except during performances and exhibitions, it is closed on Sundays. Please refer to the promotional materials about the Academy's programs.
Address : 1 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai
Enquiries : 2584-8500
Website : Related attractions URL
- There are two main entrances, with ramps near the entrance to the parking lot, suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- Most places are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped persons to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located in the lobby
- There are stairs in a few places, and ramps are set up and down
- There is an accessible toilet located in the lobby.