Queen Elizabeth Stadium is a Hong Kong indoor sports arena, located along Morrison Hill Road, Wan Chai District, Hong Kong Island, between Oi Kwan Road and Queen's Road East. The Queen Elizabeth Stadium was funded by the sale of the "Queen's Visit to Hong Kong Memorial Gold Coins", the "Queen's Visit to Hong Kong Memorial Fund" and donations from enthusiasts and organizations. The foundation stone was laid on December 21, 1977 by the Acting Governor of Hong Kong, Sir Robert Lo, on August 27, 1980. The opening ceremony was presided over by the Governor of Hong Kong, Sir McLehose.
The gymnasium is equipped with a number of barrier-free facilities, including lifts, accessible toilets, and ramps on all uneven places. The ramps are relatively flat so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Wan Chai has adequate barrier-free facilities and is a good place for wheelchair users to watch sports or concerts.
- The main entrance of Queen Elizabeth Stadium is located at No. 18 Oi Kwan Road, with automatic doors at the entrance, which is very convenient for wheelchair users.
- The passages of Queen Elizabeth Stadium are broadly designed and are generally suitable for wheelchair users.
- There is a lift on and off, located near the entrance of the VIP room
- All uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, and wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The Queen Elizabeth Stadium has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the Queen Elizabeth Stadium