The Kwai Chung shopping mall was put into service in mid-2005. The three-storey shopping mall is used as a market on the ground floor. The first and second floors are shopping malls. The mall provides a total commercial area of approximately 5,900 square meters, with a central air-conditioning system, suitable for operating various retail services such as banks, Chinese restaurants, fast food restaurants, specialty restaurants, super plazas, bakery and convenience stores. The underground market area for rent is about 800 square meters and it supplies all kinds of wet and dry goods.
There are many barrier-free facilities in Kwai Chung Market, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. The design takes full account of the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively more. Flat, wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The design of the Kwai Chung Market Passage is still wide, and some of the ground is slippery. It is recommended that wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility should be particularly careful.
- The main entrance of Kwai Chung Market is located in the bus terminus. The entrance has glass doors. Wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility may require assistance from staff
- Most areas of the market have wide access roads, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple elevators on each floor.
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There is an accessible toilet in the market