Hong Kong Shue Yan University
Venue: Hong Kong Shue Yan University | Accessibility category: University | Accessibility information: Hong Kong Shue Yan University
Hong Kong Shue Yan University is the first private university in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Shue Yan University was founded in 1971 by Hu Honglie and Mrs. Chung Chiu-wing. At that time, due to insisting on four-year university courses and not meeting the mandatory requirements of the three-year university degree standard in Hong Kong, it could only operate as a "college" for decades. On December 19, 2006, the College was approved by the Chief Executive in Council to rectify its name and became the first private university in Hong Kong. It was officially renamed on February 14, 2007.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including ramp entrances and exits, passages, lifts and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Hong Kong Shue Yan University is located at Braemar Hill in North Point. There are enough barrier-free facilities for wheelchair users to go alone.
Address : 10 Wai Tsui Road, Braemar Hill, North Point, Hong Kong
Enquiries : 2570-7110
Website : Related attractions URL
- The main entrance and exit of Hong Kong Shue Yan University is located at No. 10 Hui Chui Road. There is a ramp beside the gate so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
- Most areas of Shue Yan University have wide access roads, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts in each school building on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- Shue Yan University has multiple accessible toilets located throughout the campus