Empire Hotel Causeway Bay is located at 8 Wing Hing Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, adjacent to MTR Tin Hau Station and Victoria Park. It is a hotel under Asia Standard Hotel Group. Designed by Japanese interior designer Koichiro Ikebuchi, the hotel opened in April 2009 and offers a total of 280 rooms. Facilities include restaurants, business VIP lounges, swimming pools, spa rooms and parking lots.
There are a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Empire Hotel in Causeway Bay is well-equipped and can be accessed by wheelchair users alone.
- The main entrance of Empire Hotel in Causeway Bay is at Wing Hing Street, Causeway Bay. The entrance is flat and wide, with inclined platforms, but wheelchair users with push doors may require assistance from staff
- Most areas of the Empire Hotel are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are two lifts on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hotel has multiple accessible toilets, distributed throughout the hotel