Shek Wu Hui is an old market in Sheung Shui, North District, located near the current Sheung Shui Station. The original site was formerly a quarry, and "Shihu" means quarry. Shek Wu Hui was established in the 1930s and became an important commercial center in the district at that time. The Sheung Shui Rural Committee managed agricultural transactions. There were two serious fires in Shihuxu in 55 and 56. The reconstruction was not completed until 64. The streets mostly start with the word "new", such as Xinfeng Road, Xinkang Street, etc., among which most restaurants are concentrated in Near Xinkang Street, there is a pedestrian zone on Sundays. In 1993, the government moved the old market on Xincheng Road to the current Shek Wu Hui Municipal Building, next to the Sheung Shui Garden.
The Shek Wu Hui Municipal Building is a multi-purpose municipal building with facilities such as a market, a cooked food center, a public library and government offices. Th
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat. Wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Shek Wu Hui Market is located near Sheung Shui Station and is easily accessible by wheelchair users.
Address : 13 Chi Cheong Road, Sheung Shui, NT
Enquiries : 2673-8810
- The main entrance of Shihuxu Market is at No. 13 Zhichang Road. There is a stone step at the entrance of the gate. Wheelchair users should enter from the ramp entrance next to the library. The automatic gate is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most places in the market have a wide access design and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- Some places are cramped and there are too many clutter, wheelchair users should be especially careful
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the market, located on each floor of the market