Sha Tin Town Hall is recognized as one of Hong Kong's outstanding performing arts centres and the cultural heart of the eastern New Territories. This well-designed recreation center provides the public with a comfortable environment to enjoy culture and art. Whether it is for dance, theatre, music events, exhibitions and conferences, Sha Tin Town Hall has suitable venues. The hall has three main venues: a 1,372-seat concert hall, a 300-seat recreation hall, a 378-square-metre exhibition hall, and other small and ancillary facilities. Since its opening in January 1987, the Hall has been a symbol of the Department's commitment to the arts, the support of regional literature and art and the concern for the cultural cultivation of the public.
Sha Tin Town Hall has a number of barrier-free facilities, including automatic doors, lifts, accessible toilets, dedicated parking spaces for the disabled, tactile lead belts and haptic floor plans for the visually impaired, easy access desks and self-service ticket pickers for wheelchair users, firefighting equipment and emergency audio-visual fire alarm systems, local access design and all high and low uneven places with ramps, and ramps are more flat, wheelchair users can easily fall.
For more information on accessibility, please refer to the following website:
There are sufficient accessibility facilities for wheelchair users in all places and some exhibition halls require staff to set up wheelchair lifts
- The main entrance and exit of Sha Tin Town Hall is located at 1 Sha Tin Yuanyuan Road, with a stone ramp next to the main entrance, which is easily accessible to wheelchair users
- Most of sha Tin Town Hall's access lanes are designed to be widely accessible to wheelchair users
- There is a lift up and down, located next to the lobby
- Most of the high and low uneven places have ramps, which are flat and easy for wheelchair users to go up and down
- Sha Tin Town Hall has a number of accessible toilets throughout
- There is a dedicated parking space for the disabled in the car park of Sha Tin Town Hall