Sai Ying Pun Market is an indoor market in Hong Kong located east of Sai Ying Pun Main Street, south of Second Street, and north of Third Street. The surrounding area of the Xiyingpan Market, which develops along the main street from east to west, is also a traditional downtown area.
Sai Ying Pun Market has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, wheelchair walks and accessible toilets. The design has taken into account the needs of wheelchairs/disabled persons. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps. The road is relatively flat and wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Sai Ying Pun Market has narrow passages, too much debris and damp areas. People with wheelchairs/handicapped persons should not enter the market during peak hours.
- Sai Ying Pun Market has multiple entrances and exits, one of which is connected to the main market by a footbridge at the entrance. The main entrance is located on the Sai Ying Pun Main Street. The entrance ramp has no doors, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped people.
- Most places in the market are designed to be narrow and damp, so wheelchair users should be especially careful
- There is a lift on boarding and alighting, located near the entrance of the main street
- A small number of uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the market, located on each floor of the market