Sai Wan Ho Civic Center is located above the MTR Sai Wan Ho Station, with a moderate location and convenient transportation. The civic center is fully equipped with theaters, civic halls, art rooms and music practice rooms, which can meet the professional requirements of various performances and activities. Since its opening in December 1990, it has been providing venues and facilities for Hong Kong Island East and people from all walks of life to hold cultural and artistic performances and community cultural and entertainment activities.
Sai Wan Ho Civic Center has a number of barrier-free facilities, including ramps for entrances and exits, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The theater of the Civic Center has a specific wheelchair position in the front row. The staff will assist in the lift before entering the venue. The location is adjacent to the accessible toilets.
- The main entrance of Sai Wan Ho Civic Center is located on the ground floor of 111 Shau Kei Wan Road, Hong Kong. The entrance is equipped with ramps and automatic doors, which is very suitable for wheelchair users.
- Most parts of Sai Wan Ho Civic Center have wide access roads, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a lift on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The accessible toilet is located on the first floor