Putra Mosque, commonly known as Rose Mosque, Pink Mosque, and Floating Mosque, is a mosque in Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia, located beside Putrajaya Lake. Adjacent to Putrajaya Prime Minister's Office and Putra Plaza. The outer wall of the mosque is pink, with nine domes and a 116-meter-high minaret, which can accommodate 15,000 people.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat and wheelchairs. People can easily go up and down.
Putra Mosque is the only mosque in Malaysia that can enter the prayer hall. People in wheelchairs must change the mosque to provide a wheelchair to enter the prayer hall. Others must wear the red robe provided to show respect.
Address : Persiaran Persekutuan, Presint 1, 62502 Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Putra Mosque is located by Putrajaya Lake. The gate population is flat and wide, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility
- Most places of Putra Mosque are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are several stone steps to enter the prayer hall
- There are no ramps in a small number of uneven places, wheelchair users may need assistance from friends
- Putra Mosque has an accessible toilet