The Prince of Wales Hospital is the regional leading hospital in the eastern New Territories, referred to as Wei Hospital. It is a large-scale public regional general hospital located in Yuen Chau Kok, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong, providing third-tier medical services. It has a wide range of services. Bradbury Nursing Centre, Sha Tin Hospital, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, Tai Po Hospital and North District Hospital form the New Territories East Cluster, which provides services to residents in Sha Tin and North District and provides 24-hour emergency services. Li Ka-shing specialist clinic is attached to provide comprehensive specialist outpatient services.
The Weiyuan has a number of barrier-free facilities, including automatic entrances and exits, ramps, wheelchair parking positions, lifts, parking spaces for the disabled and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Prince of Wales Hospital is close to the MTR station and bus stop, and the transportation is convenient, so wheelchair users can go there alone.
- The Prince of Wales Hospital has multiple entrances and exits. The main entrance is located at Ngan Shing Street, Sha Tin. The entrance and exit of the main entrance are flat and wide with automatic doors, which are very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most of the passages in the Weiyuan are well designed, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are multiple lifts on and off, located next to the lobby
- All uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, and wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hospital has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the hospital
- There are parking spaces for the disabled in the hospital parking lot
Visually impaired facilities
- The hospital is equipped with tactile guide path, tactile Braille and tactile floor plan
- The hospital has multiple nurseries located throughout the hospital