Kowloon Public Library is a large public library located in Ho Man Tin, Kowloon City District, Hong Kong. It is located at the junction of Pui Ching Road and Waterloo Road (opposite to Pui Ching Middle School). The library is 12 stories high and is the third largest public library in Hong Kong. The library belongs to the scale of a major library, with a collection of 1,500,000 books.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, accessible toilets, tactile guide paths, tactile braille, and tactile floor plans, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
The Kowloon Public Library is the third largest public library in Hong Kong. The area is still wide. People with wheelchairs should pay attention to the entrance beside the escalator. They need to press the door clock or call the barrier-free officer to open the door. (Tel: 2926-4055) Then take the elevator to the library lobby on the 2nd floor.
After getting off the car, head towards Peizheng Road. After crossing the road, the library is next to the petrol station.
- The main entrance of the Kowloon Public Library is located on Pui Ching Road. There is an escalator at the entrance. People in wheelchairs must enter through the entrance beside the escalator. If the entrance is obstructed, the staff must be notified to open the door
- Most parts of the library are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- Some study rooms are not accessible by wheelchair friends due to the steps
- There are 2 lifts on each floor
- There are no ramps in a small number of uneven places, and wheelchair users cannot get on and off alone
- There are 2 accessible toilets in the library, located in the men's toilet next to the elevator on the 5th floor and the women's toilet next to the elevator on the 6th floor
Visually impaired facilities
- The library is equipped with tactile guide paths, tactile braille, tactile floor plans and computer services for the visually impaired