Tung Wah Hospital is located at No. 12 Pur Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Central and Western District, Hong Kong Island. It is one of the public hospitals managed by the Hospital Authority. It is the second largest hospital in Hong Kong Island West Cluster after Queen Mary Hospital. It is also a community hospital. Mainly serve residents of Central and Western District. At present, Tung Wah Hospital is not only providing services to transferred patients from Queen Mary Hospital, but also a semi-acute general hospital. Tung Wah Hospital is one of the three oldest hospitals in Hong Kong since the opening of the port of Hong Kong and the headquarters of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals. It is constructed and operated by Chinese donations and government funding. The main building of Donghua Hospital has been listed as a first-class historical building.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat. Wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Tung Wah Hospital is located on the ramp Po Yan Street, wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility should be especially careful.
- The main entrance of Tung Wah Hospital is located at No. 12 Pur Yan Street, Sheung Wan. The entrance is flat and wide, which is very suitable for wheelchair/handicapped people
- Most of the passages in the hospital are well designed, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- There are multiple elevators for loading and unloading in major buildings
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The hospital has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the hospital
-The hospital has 1 accessible parking space