The University of Hong Kong (HKU HKU) is a public research university located in Pokfulam, Hong Kong Island. It is the oldest university in Hong Kong. The Chinese school motto is "Mingde Gewu". The school was founded in 1911 during the colonial period and officially opened the following year. It was the first higher education institution in Hong Kong. The three founding schools include the School of Medicine, the School of Liberal Arts and the School of Engineering, formerly the Hong Kong Academy of Western Medicine. After the Second World War, a number of new schools were established one after another, and today it has grown to ten schools: the School of Arts, the School of Science, and the School of Engineering. Faculty, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Architecture, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. Since 2007, the University of Hong Kong has been ranked amo
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrance and exit ramps, passages, and accessible toilets. Except for some historical buildings, there are elevators in each building to reach different floors. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps. The ramp is relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The University of Hong Kong is located in Pok Fu Lam. It has a wide range of facilities and sufficient barrier-free facilities, so wheelchair users can go alone.
- The entrance and exit of the University of Hong Kong are connected to the MTR station, which is very convenient
- The exit and entrance are wide and flat, allowing wheelchair users to enter and exit alone
- Most places are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchairs/handicapped persons to enter and exit
- Except for some historical buildings, all buildings are equipped with lifts, wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility can enter and leave alone
- View more detailed information on barrier-free facilities of the University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong has multiple accessible toilets distributed in most buildings
- The parking lot has priority parking spaces for the disabled