The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a public research university located in Ma Liushui, Sha Tin, Hong Kong. The college system is a characteristic of CUHK and unique among local universities. The existing member colleges include Chung Chi College and New Asia College , United College and Shaw College, and the newly added Chenxing College, Shanheng College, Jingshu College, Wu Yisun College and Wosheng College. They complement each other with universities, provide student-oriented whole-person education and caring guidance, strengthen communication and interaction between teachers and students, and condense students' sense of belonging to the college and alma mater.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, parking spaces for the disabled and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is located in Ma Liushui, Sha Tin. All colleges are located on the hillside. It is recommended that people in wheelchairs should not go there alone.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong has multiple entrances and exits. The main entrance is located at the Ma Liu Shui Tai Po Highway-Ma Liu Shui Section in Sha Tin District. The gate is flat and wide, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- The passageway design in most places in CUHK is wide, and it is generally suitable for wheelchair users to enter and exit
- To travel to various colleges, you must take the on-campus bus
- There are multiple lifts in each college building
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- CUHK has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the campus
- CUHK has multiple parking spaces for the disabled, exclusively for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility