Sheung Shui Public Library is a public library managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. It is located on the 3rd floor of the Shek Wu Hui Municipal Building, No. 13 Chi Cheong Road, Sheung Shui. It has an adult library, a children's library, a study room, and a multimedia center.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, lifts, passages, guide paths, and accessible toilets. The design takes full account of the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most uneven places are equipped with ramps. Relatively flat, wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Sheung Shui Public Library is located in the heart of Sheung Shui in the North District, with convenient transportation. Wheelchair users are indeed a good place to relax.
- Sheung Shui Public Library is located on the third floor of the Shek Wu Hui Municipal Services Building. There are ramps and automatic doors on both sides of the library’s underground entrance with stone steps. Transfer to the elevator to the third floor. The library’s entrance is flat and wide, which is very suitable for people with wheelchairs and mobility impairments.
- Most parts of the library are designed with wide passageways, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts in the Shangluo Municipal Building
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The library has an accessible toilet, located next to the main entrance
Visually impaired facilities
- The library is equipped with tactile maps and guide paths