The Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Park is the oldest park in Hong Kong. Construction started in 1860, partially opened in 1864, and fully completed in 1871 and open to the public. In the same year, Mr. Ford was appointed as the first garden supervisor of the park. In the early days of the park, the focus was on collecting and researching local plants, hence the name Botanical Park. Since 1876, the park has been raising birds and mammals one after another, and then officially changed its name to "Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Park" in 1975. The site of the garden was the seat of the Governor's Constitution from 1841 to 1842, and the Governor also served as the commander-in-chief of the three armed forces stationed in Hong Kong. It is known as the "Bing Tau", so the park is also commonly known as the "Bing Tau Garden". The park occupies an area of 5.6 hectares and is located between Garden Road, Robinson Road, Glenelg Avenue and Upper Albe
There are multiple barrier-free facilities including accessible toilets and ramps on all uneven places. The ramps are relatively flat so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Park is the oldest park in Hong Kong. It is spacious and accessible to wheelchair users.
- The Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Park has multiple entrances and exits. The main entrance is located on Abentley Road. There is a stone step at the main entrance, and there is a ramp next to it. The ramp is relatively flat so that wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
- Most of the passages in the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens are designed with wide open spaces and are generally suitable for wheelchair users.
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Park has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the park