Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre
Venue: Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Center | Accessibility Category: Exhibition Gallery | Accessibility Information: Hong Kong Heritage Discovery
The Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Center is located in Kowloon Park. The museum has permanent exhibition halls, thematic exhibition halls, lecture halls, educational activities rooms and reference libraries with the theme of archaeology and cultural relics. The museum often organizes exhibitions, seminars, workshops and guided tours to promote the public's understanding of Hong Kong's cultural relics.
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including ramp entrances and exits, passages, lifts, and accessible toilets. Most of the designs have taken into consideration the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. There are elevators in the hall to connect different floors. Most of the uneven areas of the exhibition hall are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The hall is equipped with a lift platform to the first floor. Each exhibition hall has large space and flat roads, so wheelchair users can stroll around alone.
Monday to Wednesday and Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 10 am to 7 pm
Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year’s Eve: 10 am to 5 pm
Closed on Thursdays (except public holidays), the first and second days of the Lunar New Year
Address : Kowloon Park, Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Enquiries : 2208-4400
Website : Related attractions URL
- Related Introduction :
- Discover Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is located in Kowloon Park. The entrances of Kowloon Park at Haiphong Road and Austin Road have ramps, but they are quite steep. Persons with non-electric wheelchairs may require assistance from staff
- The road from Kowloon Park to the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is mostly flat, which is generally suitable for wheelchair users
- The entrance of the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is equipped with ramps for wheelchairs/handicapped persons to enter and exit
- The passages in the museum are mostly flat roads, suitable for wheelchair users
- Most of the passages in the museum are wide and suitable for wheelchair users. Only a few passages are narrow, and some passages need to be opened manually
- There are elevators in the hall to go to all floors
- There are accessible toilets in the lobby of the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Center
- You can also use the accessible toilets in Kowloon Park