The Shau Kei Wan Jockey Club Clinic is a clinic under the Hong Kong Hospital Authority and the Department of Health. The clinics generally have general outpatient clinics (with telephone appointment, evening, Sunday and public holidays outpatient services).
There are multiple barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, ramps, lifts, parking spaces for the disabled and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Those in the Shau Kei Wan Jockey Club Clinic's service area can go there alone if they need a wheelchair.
- The main entrance of the Shau Kei Wan Jockey Club Clinic is located on the first floor of No. 8 Chai Wan Road. There are a large number of stone steps at the main entrance. Wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility can take a lift from the entrance of the car park to the first floor
- Most areas of the Jockey Club Clinic are designed to be broadly designed and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a lift for boarding and alighting, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- The Jockey Club Clinic has multiple accessible toilets
- There are special parking spaces for the disabled in the underground parking lot of the Jockey Club