The former French Foreign Missionary Society building in the Central Fort was built by the French Foreign Missionary Society in 1917 to serve as the church’s accountant office in Hong Kong. Before the fall of Hong Kong in 1941, the building was once expropriated by the government. Immediately after the end of the Second World War, the building was used as the temporary headquarters of the Hong Kong government. The French Missionary Society and the Hong Kong government signed a sale and purchase agreement for the building in 1952. Since 1953, the building has been used as the office of the Department of Education, the District Court of Victoria, the Supreme Court and the Office of the Government Information Service. From 1997 to 2015, the building was used by the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal. The building is built of granite and red brick, in the neo-classical style of the Edwardian period. The building is three stories high and has a basement. A small domed church is built
We do not yet have the details of the barrier-free facilities for this attraction. You are welcome to follow the template and email the relevant information to [email protected] so that we can supplement this part of the information.
The former French Foreign Mission Society building in Central is a statutory monument and does not have any barrier-free facilities. It is recommended that people with wheelchairs/impaired mobility can only visit the outside.