Caritas Medical Centre was founded by Caritas Hong Kong in 1964. It is located at 111 Yongkang Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Sham Shui Po District, Kowloon, Hong Kong. It was transferred to the Hospital Authority in 1991 and belongs to the Kowloon West Cluster. It is a public district general hospital with a total of With 1,172 beds, it provides 24-hour emergency services and comprehensive acute medical services, extended services, outpatient and outreach medical services for residents in northwestern Kowloon. Caritas Medical Centre reopened its nursing school in 2008.
Caritas Medical Center has a number of barrier-free facilities, including entrances and exits, passages, lifts, nursery rooms and accessible toilets, etc. The design fully considers the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
Caritas Medical Centre is located in Sham Shui Po District near the MTR Lai Chi Kok Station. Wheelchair users can go there alone if necessary.
- Caritas Medical Centre has multiple entrances and exits. The main entrance is located on Wing Hong Street, Sham Shui Po. The entrance is flat and wide with automatic doors, which is very suitable for wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility.
- Most parts of the hospital have wide access roads, which are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple lifts in the landing building, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- There are multiple accessible toilets in the hospital, distributed throughout the hospital
- Nursery room for visitors in the hospital, located near the family medicine clinic on the ground floor of Huaiming Building (G/F)