Ap Lei Chau Sports Centre is located at No. 8 Hung Shing Street, Ap Lei Chau, on the first to fourth floors of the Ap Lei Chau Municipal Services Building, adjacent to the Ap Lei Chau Waterfront Promenade. It was opened on December 30, 1998. The gymnasium provides diversified recreational facilities and welcomes individuals and groups to rent. In addition, the gymnasium holds different types of recreational and sports activities every month, and citizens are welcome to sign up to participate.
The Ap Lei Chau Sports Centre is equipped with a number of barrier-free facilities, including ramps for entrances and exits, passages, lifts and accessible toilets. The design takes full account of the needs of wheelchairs/persons with reduced mobility. Most of the uneven places are equipped with ramps, and the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off.
The Ap Lei Chau Gymnasium is fully equipped and can be accessed by wheelchair users alone.
- The main entrance of Ap Lei Chau Sports Centre is located at No. 8, Hung Shing Street, Ap Lei Chau, on the 1st to 4th floors of the Ap Lei Chau Municipal Services Building. There is a ramp beside the entrance, so wheelchair users can easily get out.
- Most areas of Ap Lei Chau Sports Centre are designed with wide aisles and are generally suitable for wheelchair users
- There are multiple elevators on and off, located next to the lobby
- Most uneven places are equipped with ramps, the ramps are relatively flat, so wheelchair users can easily get on and off
- Ap Lei Chau Gymnasium has multiple accessible toilets distributed throughout the gymnasium